Match Information: Basel vs Manchester United Prediction:
Prediction Basel vs Manchester United
Manchester United can secure their position as Group A champions this fifth week and make it easier for them to go to next round against Basel Bosjudi88.com.
Jose Mourinho’s team will qualify as group winners despite bringing home a draw. Their move can also be ensured before the kick-off should CSKA Moscow not win at home against SL Benfica.
Basel have collected 6 points, the same as those collected by CSKA, and will probably qualify if they win and the Russian team loses as a result of a better head-to-head record.
Factual Data Basel vs Manchester United:
– Basel and Manchester United first met in the second group stage, which United won in the first leg in Switzerland.
– Before conquering SL Benfica 5-0 in the second game, Raphael Wicky’s team has not scored a win in 9 matches in Europe since the successful defeat of AS Saint-Etienne on 25 February 2016.
– Basel was forced out of the European scene last season after losing to Arsenal 4-1 on 6 December. It is important that they have lost just 6 of their 24 European appearances at home in their home turf since 2013/2014.
– Getting poor results at home and away in Arsenal’s hands, the Swiss side also have to swallow defeats against the English club, having never been undefeated in their previous four matches.
– Basel enters this phase thanks to the Swiss League championship 8 times in a row in the 2016/2017 season.
– His participation this season is the 8th time, and the fourth time in the last five seasons. Last season they finished fourth in Group A, collecting just 2 points from 6 matches.
– Manchester United just 5 times against this Swiss giant team.
– United have won 4 games in Group A, where they won 4-1 from CSKA Moscow before the successful conquest of Benfica with the score 1-0.
– This is the 21st season for United in terms of participation in the Champions League, and only 4 times they did not step into the next round.
– Taulant Xhaka can not perform in this match after receiving a penalty in the fifth week, while Eder Balanta still have 1 more penalty.
– Basel ended his 3rd victory drought, as much as 3, on Saturday despite having to stumble in the second half in a 5-1 win over FC Sion.
– Geoffroy Serey Die has a knee injury while on international duty with Ivory Coast and will certainly not defend his country in a World Cup qualifier against Morocco on 11 November.
– Jese Lingard also seems not to appear in the game this time, because he still live 1 penalty not to appear.
– Jose Mourinho’s team is able to record 12 clean sheet results from 18 matches held by them in all competitions.
– Romelu Lukaku bagged 11 goals in his first 10 games with The Red Devils this season but he was unable to score in 7 games before his team conquered Newcastla United 4-1.
– Paul Pogba also featured for the first time after a natural hamstring injury in the first leg against Basel.
– The Manchester giant is able to print 4 goals in 1 game for 7 matches this season.
– Wicky just met on one occasion facing Jose Mourinho’s side, where he brought home defeat.
– Meanwhile, Jose Mourinho has beaten Basel for 3 occasions, with 1 win and 2 defeats.